Staff associates at Samet play a vital role in every engagement and have the opportunity to gain both tax and audit experience in a variety of industries. Staff work on a wide range of assignments including: preparation of individual, corporate and partnership returns; performing audits, reviews and compilations; financial statement preparation; and training on current accounting software and research tools.
They quickly become valued team members and work closely with employees at all levels within the firm, from other staff members to partners. While initial assignments will be less complex, they will lead to more difficult assignments and increasing responsibility.
Staff Associates are responsible for:
- Becoming familiar with firm policies and procedures
- Obtaining a working knowledge of the firm’s technology
- Becoming proficient in the preparation of corporate, individual, partnership, fiduciary and other tax forms
- Performing assigned audit, review and compilation procedures
- Understanding the rules, requirements, and code of conduct of the AICPA, FASB and GASB
- Becoming familiar with pertinent Internal Revenue Code sections and regulations
- Learning tax and accounting research techniques and become familiar with the various research sources of the firm’s library
- Pursuing continuing education by attending firm sponsored and external training seminars
- Assuming responsibility for completion of assignments
- One to two years of public accounting experience preferred
- Recent accounting graduates also welcome
Send your resume that includes your number of credit hours earned and your plan for passing the CPA Exam to firstname.lastname@example.org.