Jay joined Samet & Company in 1986. In January 2014 he was named managing shareholder in the firm. Prior to joining Samet, Jay worked for Shawmut Bank as an auditor in their asset-based lending division. He has performed a significant number of 401(k) and other qualified benefit plan audits for public and private organizations in various industries. He has over 20 years of experience in the employee benefits area. In addition, he provides accounting, auditing, tax, and consulting services for a variety of organizations. Jay resides in Sharon with his wife and four children.
University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) AICPA Employee Benefits Tax Technical Resource Panel AICPA Advisory Panel
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants — Accounting and Auditing Committee
- Sharon Youth Baseball and Softball Association — Board Member and Former Treasurer
- Temple Israel, Sharon, MA — Human Resources Committee
- Epilepsy Foundation of Massachusetts and Rhode Island — Former Board Member and Treasurer
- New England Sinai Hospital — Former Board Member and Finance Committee Member