Samet shareholders John Czyzewski, and Norman Posner recently attended TIAG’s International Conference in Miami. The conference, which took place on May 5th through 7th, provided TIAG® members with the opportunity to strengthen the relationships they create within the alliance of more than 115 accounting firms from around the world.
Posner compliments the educational line-up of the event: “This was a sensational conference with some really dynamic speakers – Ben Sywulka spoke about innovation while Allan Koltin focused on Firm Retreats and also What Makes Great Firms. This was also in addition to a spectacular Gala dinner at the Villa Vizcaya. Great job TAG Alliances.”
Czyzewski focuses on the networking benefits, “The opportunity to meet with accountants and attorneys from all over the world made this conference very interesting and exciting.”
In addition to various networking opportunities and group breakout sessions, TIAG members attended a variety of informative and educational sessions aimed at firm and practice development. Also in attendance at the conference were members of TIAG’s affiliate alliances, TAGLaw® and TAG-SP™. All three alliances are collectively known as the TAG Alliances™. Sessions and speakers at the conference included:
- Not Your Father’s Latin America: the Hot Spots, Lots More Cool Ones, and the Sleepers; Presenter: Ambassador (ret.) John F. Maisto
- You are Where You are Going, Not Where You Have Been; Presenter: Benjamin Sywulka, Director of Innovation, IXL Center
- The Importance of Email Security; Moderator: Richard Attisha, Partner, Harper Grey LLP (Vancouver, Canada – TAGLaw)
- Tax Planning Strategies for High Net Worth Individuals; Moderator: David Neighbors, Partner, GALLINA LLP (Northern California, USA – TIAG)
- What Truly Makes for Great Firms, Great Partners and Great Leaders? Presenter: Allan Koltin, President & CEO, Koltin Consulting Group
- Anatomy of a Financial Institution Failure; Moderator: James Berger, Managing Partner, Berger Singerman (Florida, USA – TAGLaw)
- Doing Business in the Cloud: Managing the Risks and Opportunities of Modern Business in the Cloud; Moderator: Lisa Spearman, Private Client Partner, Mercer & Hole (London England – TIAG)
For more information about how Samet & Company, PC’s TIAG relationships can help your business, please contact our TIAG Contact, Norman Posner, CPA.
About TIAG and The TAG Alliances
The TAG Alliances comprise three groups: TIAG (The International Accounting Group), TAGLaw and TAG-SP. TIAG is an international alliance of high quality, independent accounting firms. TAGLaw is a similar alliance of independent law firms, and TAG-SP is a complementary association of strategic business partners. Collectively, the TAG Alliances provide accounting, legal, financial and business support services on a worldwide scale. With approximately 15,500 professionals in 260 member firms, and 530 offices in over 90 countries, The TAG Alliances serve tens of thousands of clients from all industry and commercial sectors.
For more information about TIAG, visit www.TIAGnet.com.
For more information about the TAG Alliances, visit www.TAGAlliances.com.